THE ESSENTIAL BLOG OF SCRAPPY SAN FRANCISCO FILMMAKERS, PRODUCERS, INVESTORS AND LOCAL MEDIA ORGANIZATIONS. BRINGING YOU THE LATEST IN THE LOCAL NARRATIVE FILM SCENE. The "VARIETY" of San Francisco, if you will. UPDATED WHENEVER I FEEL LIKE IT....... www.cine101.blogspot.com

Monday, October 03, 2005

ZODIAC movie Mark Ruffalo Sighting.......


Stumbled upon the ZODIAC shoot last Saturday at Irving and 25th in the foggy Sunset (our "third" and smallest Chinatown). A couple blocks were shut down and Fincher was shooting a "news crew rushes to the scene" scene, with 1960's vintage KGO news vans and all. Anyway, they're screamin down Irving, about 10 vehicles, including 1960's vintage motorcycle cops, and screech to a halt in front of the "ex" city leased art space which was converted to a "St Vincent DePaul" and who steps out of the lead vehicle?...a quizzically looking Mark Ruffalo playing a SF reporter. His long hair "do" was nothing less than stellar...I used to have one of those!~
Mark Ruffalo is a likable guy, and that ain't no small feat because the first time I saw him was in that horrendous Indy film XX-XY which screened at SF State (long story). He played a wishy washy charactrer I really wanted to choke, but then I kept telling myself "he's only playing a part, only playing a part". He was excellent in Campion's criminally underrated IN THE CUT.

Technical Observation: the entire scene was shot with no artificial lighting due to our unique daytime FOG, which acts as a natural diffuser.......

Another bit from a PA (from LA) I spoke to on the scene..lets call him "Vincent"...17 days shot here in SF. The shoot is wrapped, and they're off to LA to shoot the remaining 83 days (Fincher hates location shooting...see PANIC ROOM, etc...). Big difference between ZODIAC and something like MATRIX which went on and on. Not to belabor the point, but if more energy was spent developing SF Directors with opportunities (remember the Robin Eickman feature award?)...we can keep ALL the shooting schedule AND post production....now THAT would help out local coffers.........

4 Comments:

Anonymous Horoscope Today said...

Hello! Blog surfing(as usual) and I found you guys. Nice feeling here. I'll come back . Keep up more stuff about Astrology Horoscopes, please.
All the best, Astrology Horoscopes

7:08 AM

 
Anonymous feng shui house said...

Organizing with feng shui house can make the difference in your life ...Have you ever asked yourself...Why do I feel crappy, sad, disorganized and just palin out of control. How can I fix myself without spending a fortune. I meet people allthe time that wonder why I am Happy and Have a Successful Life... Have You ever heard of using " feng shui house "..If you truly seek a life of complete wellness then try using feng shui. Learn from the Masters..

11:51 AM

 
Anonymous Peace of mind said...

Hi! I like what you are doing. Maybe we could exchange tips on Peace of mind. You can have a quick look at http://www.wellnessmaster.com so we can exchange ideas.

7:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, landed on your blog, nice stuff. I found a cool new tool for our blogs... www.widgetmate.com It helps get latest news for our keywords directly on to our blog. I added it on mine. Worked like a charm.

10:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home