THE ESSENTIAL BLOG OF SCRAPPY SAN FRANCISCO FILMMAKERS, PRODUCERS, INVESTORS AND LOCAL MEDIA ORGANIZATIONS. BRINGING YOU THE LATEST IN THE LOCAL NARRATIVE FILM SCENE. The "VARIETY" of San Francisco, if you will. UPDATED WHENEVER I FEEL LIKE IT....... www.cine101.blogspot.com

Friday, August 12, 2005

THE INVISIBLE MAN : A.D.D. Film Review #17

Director Jame Whale's (based on the sci fi book by H.G. Wells) film THE INVISIBLE MAN falls back into that favorite horror subgenre of mine called "people who's faces are bandaged up". A Universal horror classic from 1933 it is now available (along with three sequels) in one tidy package as part of the Universal Legacy Series DVD collection. Distinctive features of this groundbreaking film are a. the booming over- the- top- voice of lead actor Claud Rains (Whale cast him because fo his voice-can't see him so might as well hear him) b. The revolutionary special effects of the time (the unwrapping of the bandages to reveal..nothing) c. That unique James Whale black humor sensibility... the film is creepy, and funny at the same time. The film is a bit dated, but all told, was a groundbreaking horror classic which triggered countless imitations.......fun film, didn't even miss the blood and gore. directed by James Whale, 1933, B & W

three out of five film cans OOO

4 Comments:

Blogger job opportunitya said...

Sensational blog. I took pleasure in the site and I
will go back! Surfing online for blogs like this one
is worth my time.
Go by and hit my blog, you'll be glad you did.

9:08 AM

 
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Exciting blog. Your site was amazing and will be
back again! I never get tired of looking for blogs
just like this one.
I hope you can look through my blog.

12:32 PM

 
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Fascinating blog. I loved the site you did a good
job on it, I will be back! I surf the net for blog
like this one.
Please come by and see my blog.

10:48 AM

 
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Exciting blog. Your site was amazing and will be
back again! I never get tired of looking for blogs
just like this one.
Come as you are and look at my blog.

11:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home