THE ESSENTIAL BLOG OF SCRAPPY SAN FRANCISCO FILMMAKERS, PRODUCERS, INVESTORS AND LOCAL MEDIA ORGANIZATIONS. BRINGING YOU THE LATEST IN THE LOCAL NARRATIVE FILM SCENE. The "VARIETY" of San Francisco, if you will. UPDATED WHENEVER I FEEL LIKE IT....... www.cine101.blogspot.com

Monday, July 25, 2005

Sup Mirakami Proclaims Le Video Day

Yesterday Le Video celebrated it's 25th birthday with cake, champagne, and popcorn for all. Supervisor Mirakami was on hand with an official San Francisco Board of Sups proclamation naming June 24 LEVIDEO Day. Why? Because, as Mirakami said, in an age of nationwide chains, and Blockbuster Video, one video rental business with a vision is actually making money. Le Video's mantra has always been "to provide a comprehensive film selection that also features esoteric, underseen, underappreciated, and hard-to-find films that deserve to be seen" Take note gang, it's mission was NOT to "provide whatever the customer is willing to pay for". If you've never been there, it's on 9th between Irving and Lincoln, and is guaranteed to blow your mind.

2 Comments:

Blogger job opportunitya said...

Nice blog. I seen the site and I adored the work,
that I want to visit it more each day! I like
searching for blogs that have the same content like
this one!
No matter when you are, just stop by and check for my blog site.

12:32 PM

 
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Creative blog.  I thought it was the best site out
and we had to go back to it! Every chance I get on the
net I search for blogs just like your site.
Please examine my blog as soon as you can.

10:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home